Thursday, October 9, 2008

About the AMWA Conference

The 2008 AMWA Conference is just two weeks away. Because of all the issues with the hurricane in the past few weeks, my attendance was at risk but it seems that I'll be able to go to Louisville after all.

However, because I could only decide to attend until this week, the organizers canceled my roundtable on self-publishing and gave the klatch on blogging to another leader. But I'll still be presenting an open session on Friday morning titled, "Communicating Health Risks." The session will review the role of medical writers as risk communicators, discussing how to best mediate between the scientific assessment of risk and the public's perception of risk.

Please come by and say hello if you get a chance. Thanks for reading!

No comments: